Increasing engagement in structured tasks
Who is this resource for?
- Children and young people who are starting to use a Now-Next board.
- Children who haven't managed to progress using a Now-Next approach.
- Children who haven't managed to transition from using a Now-Next board onto using visual timetables.
- Children and young people who do not use a Now-Next approach, but who might struggle to use a visual timetable with support or independently.
- Children and young people who require a high level of adult support within structured tasks for attention and engagement and to complete tasks.
Is it only for young children? Or children with a high level of need?
This resource includes three levels of boards: Now-Next, Now-Next-Then, and Now-Next-Then-Reward, so you can start using this resource at the stage and pace most appropriate to the individual.
What's included in this resource?
- Now-Next board
- Now-Next-Then board
- Now-Next-Then-Reward board
- Blank, Reward and Surprise cards