ADHD and SEND Training for Schools and Parents
Here's a bit about me and what I offer.
My name is Claire Ryan and I've worked for the NHS in speech and language therapy for 16 years, a role which I thoroughly enjoy. The diverse nature of my job has enabled me to develop effective methods of supporting:
- school staff from a wide range of settings
- children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities.
I am a parent to a young person with SEND and I have a diagnosis of ADHD and the combination of work and lived experience brings a unique, authentic perspective to my training.
I believe in reflecting on what we 'know' about SEND and am certain that success is achieved through enabling adults, children and young people to develop a better understanding of what needs and skills mean to each individual, which in turn leads to more effective support.
Recent training events
- Nasen Live, Nasen - Sensory Processing and attention and listening
- Collaboration to Support Student Attainment, Optimus Education - Parent Partnership
- ITT, SEND, Oxford Brookes University - ADHD workshops
- Celebrating Education, Lambeth, NEU - Challenging Behaviour #flipthenarrative
- Children's Therapy Team, NHS - ADHD workshop. Emotional Regulation workshop
- Reimagining SEND, BrewEd Hawarden - Challenging what we 'know' about ADHD
- SENDhelp, Durham - ADHD workshop - Sensory Processing workshop
- Relationships in Inclusive Education, BrewEd Reading (TBC)
Schools and professionals
I'm a firm believer in training being accessible, therefore please do get in touch for a chat to discuss affordable fees and how training can be individualised to your requirements.
Parents, carers and young people
I offer free workshops for parent support groups and groups for children and young people with ADHD. Travel expenses will depend on location/distance. Please contact me for more info.
Conferences and events
Please get in touch for a chat about your event.