Teaching social distancing rules using fun, meaningful and inclusive methods
Who is this resource for?
- Children and young people who might have difficulties understanding, following and remembering social distancing expectations
- Children and young people who struggle with concepts such as distance
- Children and young people who struggle to follow instructions and who might need visual, concrete support to understand
How might it help?
The simple explanation, tips, and ideas for fun activities can help adults to teach and practice social distancing rules using inclusive methods
What's included in the resource?
- Simple explanations and examples of fun methods to teach new expectations involving distance and social concepts
- Various posters - each one includes fun, child-friendly characters and comes in 2 formats, including one which uses symbols alongside written text. The posters cover:
- Remembering to keep 2 metres distance
- How to wash hands properly
- Reminders to not hug friends
- Various animal footprints which can be used both to teach children social distancing rules through fun activities, and also to use within the environment to remind children of the correct distance
- Snake images to teach and remind children of the 2 metre rule through fun methods
This product is a digital download